Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ode to PINO

Yes!!! I have been painting...just not so much posting. I have been working on a painting of my daughter Claire...and I am very out of my comfort zone.
AWESOME!
I love it when that happens. It all happened when a friend lent me her PINO book. K...I know probably everyone in the art world knows PINO...but I did'nt until Vicki passed it on. Truly the coolest. (I might add that the book costs a pretty penny and so that she lent it was way generous. love you vicki)
So I have been inspired and am trying to do a study after his amazing style. His work is so emotional. seriously it grabs you and you can't stop looking...not in a train wreck sort of way but more like a thunder storm kind of way...get it? I love it so much!
Check him out...
So I took some pics of Claire in a "PINO" pose. (Thank you Claire for being my guinea pig.) I made a skirt for her for a special wedding she was going to...it turned out really neat, and I wanted to paint her in it...

I am not finished yet, but getting close. I will post in the next week or so. It has been so much fun.... such a great lesson in"loose"!

Painting makes me happy!

No comments: